Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Last Challenge for 2023 at Try It On Tuesday

Hi everyone. It's another Tuesday where we have a new challenge at Try It On Tuesday. This will be our last challenge for 2023.

But first, let me thank Tracey from New Beginnings...Creating in My Corner for being our guest designer at our last challenge. And thank you to everyone who joined our Traditional Christmas challenge. It was a popular one, but that doesn't surprise me since so many people are busy making holiday cards. And thanks for giving me so many card ideas also. 😏

Staying with the holiday spirit, our new challenge is
Santa Claus is Coming to Town


I started my journal page with a piece of holiday plaid paper that is probably close to 20 years old. (And it was  good to  finally use it also.) I used green paint and stenciled some pine branches and cones on the background, and then I rubbed a red ink pad over it to pull it all together. After that, I used some white paint and splattered it on my background.

Santa is from the cover of this year's Vermont Country Store catalog. I fussy cut him out, and then before I attached him I created a base made of a strip of washi tape. The little girl photo comes from another oldie in my stash. I have a booklet where each page comes with a picture and a journaling card, and this photo was in that booklet. This little girl is hanging her stocking waiting for Santa to arrive and fill her stocking with good treats. I wonder what she hopes he'll bring her.

I then added some of this felt reindeer trim (also an oldie in my stash), giving each reindeer a red nose. I stamped and fussy cut the quotes, outlining them with a black Stabilo pencil and a light wash. Finally I took the page to my sewing machine and outlined it with some white stitching.

Our TIOT challenge will run for the next 2 weeks, and as always, we accept all kinds of art as long as it is related to our Santa challenge. We will  then be taking a break until January 9th when we'll return with our first challenge for 2024. Be sure to stop by during that time to see if you are in our  end of the year Spotlight.

Since this is my last TIOT post before the holiday, I hope everyone who only stops by only from TIOT has a wonderful holiday season. (f you stop by more frequently, I will still be posting,)

I am also linking this journal page up to Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge . This is their 100th challenge. Their theme this month is Anything Goes Mixed Media with option of Christmas.

Thanks for visiting.






 

19 comments:

Tom said...

...red, green and white are the colors of the season.☃️ πŸŽ„ ❄️ πŸŽ…πŸΌ

Christine said...

Beautiful page! Happy Holidays!

*Vicki* said...

Wow I love this Santa image! Your background is stunning too in the Christmas colors and plaid design! Love the border of reindeer dancing across the bottom! Wonderful page and details! Merry Christmas!

Divers and Sundry said...

I've always liked the Vermont Country Store catalog. That Santa is a treat. I can tell he's going to give that little girl a magical Christmas morning

The Happy Whisk said...

I love the plaid paper. Getting it used up is even better.

R's Rue said...

Love it.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

CJ Kennedy said...

I can't see the image. It's broken 😿

Lowcarb team member said...

It's a lovely journal page.

All the best Jan

hels said...

What is fussy cut? It sounds festive:)

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Lovely page.
Merry Christmas to you!
Enjoy...

Meggymay said...

A fantastic page Erika, its a super background for the very jovial Santa and as always super inspiration.
Hope you have a lovely Christmas.
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

This is a jolly page and your background texture is terrific!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great looking Santa. - Anne (Cornucopia)

Neet said...

Tartan, especially red tartan, always says Christmas to me. I love tartan bows on a Christmas tree.
This is a lovely Christmas theme and Father Christmas is the perfect image to place on there. Love the little felt deer running hastily across the bottom (and talking of bottoms, I love the little child in black and white)
Hugs, Neet xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Got to love Vermont Country Store. Festive page! xoxo

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous page Erika! Love that little girl and her stocking! Apologies for my lateness – it’s been a heck of a week!Hugs, Chrisx

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Erika, great background for your lovely Santa with so many details. Love the reindeer trim. (Sorry for the late comment, life is hectic)
Avril xx

Let's Art Journal said...

What a wonderful page, loving the plaid and that jolly Santa Claus - perfect 😊. Sorry I haven't been around, we've been visiting family and went to Prague for a few days, it was very Christmasy and we had an amazing time. Wishing you joy and happiness, Merry Christmas! Hugs, Jo x

Fiona said...

I love this magical Christmas scene you've created. The image of the little girl adding her stocking is so cute. A very nostalgic feel to this page which really appeals to me. I love how you've used that old background paper too and brought it to life with extra mediums. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media and good luck