Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Dreaming and a Walk

 HI everyone. It's the middle of another week already. I think 2024 is going to be here in a blink of an eye.

After Monday's rain storm, we finally got our power back (mid-day Tuesday), and luckily all my piles of towels contained the water in the basement to just one area. The driveway held up; the rain stopped, the sun came out on Tuesday, and the only thing left is for the wet part of the basement floor to dry. 

Today I have another page for Wendy's Above Us Only Sky challenge at Art Journal Journey.


I first used some grey ink to color my sky background. I wanted it to be night, but not so dark I couldn't add anything else. I used a Hero Arts northern lights stamp with purple-pink and aqua inks. I saw the northern lights once way back when I was in college. I was sitting on some rocks in Acadia National Park on a cold night in March, and they appeared out over the bay.  I would love to see them again. They are  also kind of  a surreal and dreamy thing, so I like how they worked with the theme of my page. 

The moon and the face are from  a die cut set. I used the actual die cut moon, but I used the face scraps as a stencil to get a more dream-like appearance. The moon is painted and colored with markers and ink, and I also added some small dots of glitter glue to it. The washi tape is along the edge because my inking was irregular and messy, and the quote is stamped and fussy cut from a Paper Artsy/Alison Bomber stamp set.

Although not at all dreamy, last week I went for another walk at the Urban Forestry Center, this time with both dogs and a lot of mud. Oh boy.


OK, I guess we just had to go through it. 


I was just happy I didn't slip and go down into it. 


Walking with my 2 dogs is always tough because one wants to surge ahead and one wants to stop and smell everything.  


There isn't much color left by now, other than brown and grey.


Unless you look carefully.


Someone has started more forts in the woods.


And the flowers are gone for the next few months.



It was still a lovely walk, even with the mud. Luckily there is a small stream and Miss Maddie, the one who likes mud and being wet the best, was able to rinse off her feet. Pete, on the other hand, caused me to have to do a bit of car cleaning, but Pete's mud was just an excuse  because my car already needed some cleaning. 

Have a great day.





14 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

The moon face of your page is really beautiful. We just come back from our morning walk and it's same..just brown and grey.

hels said...

If you had slipped in the mud, your two dogs would have saved you and pulled you to safety :)

Iris Flavia said...

Good flood-news!
Wonderful memories of the northern lights! Great quote, too!
We had but one dog, was enough between run and stop!
Not much color here either anymore, maybe a hug helps, here is one :-)

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Glad to hear that the storm didn’t cause more damage. Is your basement finished and used as living quarters? It’s daunting to contemplate that climate predictions forecast more of these events. Maybe we’ll all have to build moats and install multiple sump pumps! A walk in the forest was probably very therapeutic after the storm, mud and all. All the best - David

Tom said...

...these days we have to adjust our ideas of what is colorful! ☃️ 🎄 ❄️ 🎅🏼

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the beautiful journal page, different and very eye catching. Dogs and mud....my dogs liked nothing better, except perhaps food! Here the paths are all muddy, too. Have a great day take care, hugs, Valerie

DVArtist said...

So gald you got your electric back. Your art is beautiful. The photos of your walk is wet but so pretty. Have a nice day.

WendyK said...

Gorgeous page Erika and lovely photos of the woods. My garden is like a bog, and the fields are flooded everywhere. Oh for the sunshine again. Take care. hugs Wendy.

Anonymous said...

Lovely art, if a muddy dreary walk -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

NatureFootstep said...

Love your art for art ajournal. The Northern light and the moon are gorgeous.

Our beautiful white world for two weeks is now gone. It melted so not it os just dirty. I washoping it would stay white over the holidays, But no.

Anyway, wishing you a Merry Christmas. :)

The Happy Whisk said...

Glad the power returned. The moon is neat and I love that the pups are in the post.

Neet said...

Gorgeous page - I do like those stamps for the northern lights and could see them being used in so many different ways. ~Love the moon too. It all adds up to a gorgeous dreamy page for your journal.
I enjoyed seeing your walk photos, I bet the digs loved walking in the mud but can see how you were afraid of slipping. Bet I would have felt like turning back.
Hugs, Neet xx

Jeanie said...

Mud -- comes with the territory but looks like a good day!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Another goergeous collage of inks, stamps and paper! Love how you combined them all. We saw the NL's when we were in Paris and they were so magical. You are much braver than I am, walking those dogs in the mud. Too back the entrance doesn't have a hose to wash off with. XOX