Friday, December 29, 2023

Lights!

 Hi everyone. Happy Friday.  I hope everyone that I only visit with on Fridays  had a happy holiday if you celebrated. And are you now in countdown mode until 2024? I still can't get over how fast 2023 went by. 

As some of you probably already read, my husband and I celebrated the holiday with my daughter and her husband on the 23rd and 24th. That meant I had a mostly lazy day at home on Christmas. We  watched several movies and ate too many leftover holiday treats. 😏

I say we had a mostly lazy day because I had heard about a holiday light exhibit that's been around for awhile but was new to me, and  since the weather looked good for Christmas evening, I decided to get tickets so the hubby and I could do something festive.


The light show was at Sandy Hill Farm in Elliot, Maine. It wasn't too far from the house; the tickets weren't expensive, and with  mild temperatures Christmas night (42 degrees F/ 5.5 degrees C), it was a lovely night to walk the mile stroll through an enchanted woodland. Even my hard-to-please hubby enjoyed it.



This building was the hot coco shack. The hubby treated me to a cocoa to enjoy as we walked.









And here's a face for Nicole's  Friday Face Off .   I also love the perspective of this photo.



Here's a tree made from lobster bouys.




Here's a selfie.


I loved all the lighted flowers.



I also thought this next view of a lighted moon and the real moon was great. I wonder if they chose this spot for the lighted moon on purpose.



They even had lights that changed colors to the beat of some music.




I am not only linking up to Nicole's  Friday Face Off, but I'm also joining Gillena's Friday Lunch Break..

To wrap up this holiday post. here are a few more photos.


It's pretty unfocused, but I like the effect.





I leave you with Frosty. (One more face for Friday Face Off too!)  Doesn't he say (when he melts) that he'll be back again next year? 
I will see you next year (well next Friday)  for Friday Face Off. 😏

And of course, have a happy start to the new year also.












19 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Gosh, how beautiful and festive are these lights!

Tom said...

...these sure aren't your average Christmas lights!

Valerie-Jael said...

What a fantastic display, so beautiful. And a great photo of you and your hubby! Have a great weekendm hugs, Valerie

sirkkis said...

What a wonderful light show, thanks for sharing 🤩
Enjoy a new year celebration 🎆

DVArtist said...

Oh WOW!!! What an incredible show. I can imagine how beautiful it was IRT. Thank you so much for sharing it with FFO. Have a very nice day today.

Jeanie said...

Rick and I still haven't gone out to look at lights. We must. We have nothing like this -- how fabulous! But it's tradition!

Gillena Cox said...

OMG!!!!!
Thanks for linking to The Twelve Dsys of Christmas at Lunch Break and sharing these awesome lights.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS

much♡love

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks Erika for sharing this colorful light display and glad the wether cooperated so well for your outing 😀Sending you and Dave our best wishes for a great New Year 🍾

Christine said...

A stunning show of lights! Thanks for sharing.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Such a beautiful light show -- so colourful and vibrant! A perfect holiday treat!

Divers and Sundry said...

Movie watching with holiday treats sounds nice. I love these kinds of festive displays.

kathyinozarks said...

Wow this is beautiful. The small city near us puts on a christmas light show that is set up to drive around in your vehicle. Yours is much more dramatic
thanks for sharing hugs Kathy

Fundy Blue said...

Enchanted woodland for sure! I didn't realize how big the displays were until I saw the hot cocoa shop. whoever put all this together did an amazing amount of work, but what beauty! Thanks for sharing it, Erica!

Lowcarb team member said...

FABULOUS, FABULOUS, FABULOUS!
Did I tell you that I thought all of your photographs and this post was FABULOUS :)

Wishing you happy days for the rest of December and a Happy New Year too.

All the best Jan

CJ Kennedy said...

What a fun take. Your photos are great. My favorite are the sunflowers. Have a Happy New Year!

hels said...

There is nothing at all wrong with lazy days, eating at leisure with family, films and music linked lights. We deserve a restful change, every holiday.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Love that moon shot! Those light displays are fun. We have both a walk-through and a drive-through near us. The walk-through is of course very popular with photographers, lol. Glad the weather was good and you got to go. XOX

Iris Flavia said...

I really do fail to get how 2023 flew by so fast!!!
WOW. Thank you for sharing the show (and you two, too).
To a very happy 2024!!!! Hugs!

The Happy Whisk said...

Oh my gosh. I love these lights. Yes, agree with you, the light up flowers are too flippin' cool. Really neat that you got to see all of this. Love the movie and eating day too. I had one of those last weekend. Delightful.

Happy 2024!