Friday, December 8, 2023

Friday Again

 Hi everyone. Happy almost weekend to you. 

I'm here today for Nicole's Friday Face Off  and Gillena's Friday Lunch Break.

In this post I have some photos to share from a late November walk I took last Thursday at the Urban Forestry Center in Portsmouth, NH. It's a very convenient place to walk after I get my allergy shots, especially since the tides at the beach haven't seemed to work in my favor lately.


Even though it was just noontime, the position of the sun really made some fantastic shadows.






This small patch with some dead  but still standing pine trees captured my attention because the wood seemed so white. This first view had some interesting grooves (I'm guessing from some type of insect).



This next photo is a favorite. I think the composition, light and muted colors all work together. And you can see what I mean by the white wood of the bark-less pine tree.


These  berries seemed so red.


And these apples in their various states of decay were interesting.



For these next 3 photos, I played around using the vignette feature on my laptop. They were half in the shadow anyhow. 




And to wrap up this post, I took a selfie of myself. This is for Friday Face Off where I need to show a face,


That's it for me this week. Have a great start to your weekend. 







20 comments:

Tom said...

...last night I went to bed with a bit of snow on the ground, this morning it has disappeared. Global warming? The deer no doubt love those fallen apples. Erika, take care and stay warm and well.

R's Rue said...

So beautiful

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Lovely photos -- and a great selfie!

sirkkis said...

Thank you Erika for sharing your wonderful photos including Yourself !
We have now a beautiful white cover over earth. I hope it is still at Christmas time.
Happy weekend to you xx

Angie's Recipes said...

Such a beautiful day and face :-))

Divers and Sundry said...

What happened to the pine trees? That does look like a nice place for a walk. Such interesting nature sights.

Iris Flavia said...

A great and also interesting series and a great parting shot :-)
It snowed all day here but now +1C, reckon it´s all gone tomorrow.
News of your bees or will it be a surprise next season?
Either way, have a great weekend and hugs

DVArtist said...

Wow this is truly a beautiful place to walk. I love your face and thank you for joining with FFO. Have a very nice weekend.

CJ Kennedy said...

Really beautiful. Great photo of you, too. Didn't this week just fly by? Stay warm

Christine said...

Lovely photo of you Erika! Nice fall photos too.

Vicky Hayes said...

Such beautiful photos Erika! Enjoy your weekend too :) Vicky x

Carola Bartz said...

These are beautiful photos, Erika. It looks like a very lovely walk. In the second image I especially like all the roots I can see there. Very beautiful. Have a lovely weekend.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

A great walk in the woods. So much to see, so much beauty for the dedicated observer, and the back stories are fascinating beyond belief. A simple walk in a the woods is better than all the shopping malls in all the world! All the best - David

Jeanie said...

Oh, those berries! Glorious. And yes, I love the one of the trees you mentioned. And the selfie too! What a great walk!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Fabulous selfie and a great documenting of your walk, xoxo

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Lovely photos. It's been very miserable where I live for the last few days.

Lowcarb team member said...

So many lovely photographs and a great selfie too.

All the best Jan

Gillena Cox said...

OMG your photos are gorgeous.
Thanks for linking to AFFF

Much♡love

Neet said...

Gorgeous photos that you shared with us today - and how nice to end with one of you. Love that smile.
Hugs, neet xx

DVArtist said...

Wow! These photos are just amazing. I am so impressed with them. You are beautiful too. Thank you for joining FFO and have a lovely weekend. P.S. the link on FFO goes back to me. Please put a new link in. LOL.