Friday, December 22, 2023

Friday Faces

Hi everyone. Happy Friday once again. It's already almost the start of the Christmas holiday weekend. 

Since I'm here for Nicole's  Friday Face Off  and Gillena's Friday Lunch Break, and since I'm feeling festive, I thought I would share some faces from my Christmas tree with you.

My tree is decorated with some items we bought, some we were gifted, and some that were hand-me downs from my husband or my childhood family trees. 











I love the look on this next ornament. It reminds me of one our dogs, Miss Maddie.



This next photo is a VERY old ornament that I made back in kindergarten. I always put it on the very front of the tree. 😏 


For you cat fans


Dr. Who fans


a couple of home made ornaments with faces I made many years ago


And I'll end this post with the big guy himself.


I'm not certain if I'll be joining any Friday challenges next week. The hubby is taking some time off, and so is my daughter. She's coming to visit for a few days, but I'm not yet certain what days those are yet. If I have time I will join in, if not, then I'll be back the following week.

This will also  be my last post for the holiday weekend. We're celebrating early now that we have to adjust to having a married daughter and her other family commitments. Today we need to go to Maine and visit my mother-in-law so I might not get to visit your blog until tomorrow. But I will be by to visit.  Have a wonderful weekend. And if you celebrate:




27 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

All the very best for Christmas and the New Year.

Valerie-Jael said...

Your tree looks great! I hope you are able to enjoy your family celebrations. Hugs, Valerie

Tom said...

...I LOVE your ornaments and I see that you have a real tree. After years of cutting our tree we have an artificial tree that is decorated with special memories of the past. Merry Christmas, Erika. ☃️ 🎄 ❄️ 🎅🏼

sirkkis said...

Wonderful rich decoration of your🎄🤩.Thanks you for your comment and great that you can say 'God Jul' in Swedish, in Finnish it is 'Hyvää Joulua'. You know that we are a bilingual country officially.
I wish that your Christmas is full of joy and happiness 🥰🎄🎅💖

CJ Kennedy said...

I love the ornaments on your Christmas tree. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Angie's Recipes said...

You have some really fun and beautiful ornaments, Erika. Happy Holidays!

DVArtist said...

Ohhhhh so many wonderful faces for FFO. I love all of your decorations. Thank you for sharing them with FFO and have a wonderful Christmas.

The Happy Whisk said...

The Doctor Who is a fun add.

Christine said...

Loved your ornament faces! Merry Christmas Erika!

Carola Bartz said...

I call your tree the wildlife tree - just to my liking! Have a peaceful Christmas, Erika, and enjoy time with your daughter.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Suck adorable Christmas ornament faces! Yes, even the Dalek!

Fundy Blue said...

Your tree is magical, Erica! Travel safely and have a wonderful Christmas!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

That are wonderful posting!
I wish you a Merry Christmas, hug Elke

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, Erika, I need warnings! Henry tried to jump over my shoulder seeing his cousin! ;-)
Have a wonderful Christmas - if you like pop in to see a boring 1980´s Christmas-tree with a cute story tomorrow - hugs

Divers and Sundry said...

I like the variety of your ornaments :) Enjoy your visit!

Barwitzki said...

You have some very funny decorations on your Christmas tree... we just decorated today because the tree won't be shining until tomorrow on Christmas Eve... I'm looking forward to the visits from family members and wonderful eating, talking and being merry together.
Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.
A greeting from Viola
p.s. What makes me particularly happy is that it snowed.

carol l mckenna said...

Oh so many deligthful holiday ornaments ~ beautiful ~ Zebra is a favorite ~ Merry Christmas to you ~ XX

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Lowcarb team member said...

Your tree looks great, I love all of your ornaments.

Have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Christmas.

All the best Jan

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks, Erika, for sharing the decorations on your tree and nice to read that so many have special memories of being passed down. We did not put up our tree this year as the holiday village takes up most of the space by the window.

Thanks for a year of blogging friendship. Wishing you and your family a very Merry 🎄 and a Happy New Year🎉🥂 See you in 2024

Gillena Cox said...

Merry Christmas🌲🌲🌲

ashok said...

Merry Christmas

DVArtist said...

Hi, stopping in to wish you a very Happy Christmas.

Mae Travels said...

Your animal ornaments are wonderful. I’d love to see your tree.
Have a great Christmas!
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Violetta said...

....oh, nice and in some way crazy things you put on your christmas tree....LOL.
Have a good time and all the best
Violetta

Neet said...

What a lot of different faces yu have on your tree. I have never seen so many different decorations, what fun you must have putting the tree up with those.
Hugs, Neet xx

Jeanie said...

I am beyond in love with your Christmas tree, it's so fabulous with all those wonderful faces! I love every single one of them -- what a treat!

Lisca said...

Oh gosh, I’m so behind! But I love your animal baubles. The fruitcake looks very authentic. I have never seen colourful fruit. I suppose all dried fruit in Europe is just their natural colour. I used to douse mine in brandy rather than whiskey. But I haven’t made a Christmas cake since I left England.
Happy New Year,
Hugs,
Lisca