Thursday, December 21, 2023

Happy Winter/Summer and Happy Holidays too

 Hi everyone. Happy Thursday.

Some of you asked about the water in my basement that I mentioned in the last couple of posts.  Most of my basement is just storage as well as the furnace, oil tanks, water heater etc, but the water was in the one room we have down there. It's where I have the washer and dryer, as well as where there's some food storage shelves. However, keeping it in this area meant I didn't need to pick up all the "things" that are sitting on the floor. elsewhere in the basement. And it was a good reason not to have to do laundry for a couple of days while the floor dried out.😏

But ha-ha, it looked like we were having a pool party when I put all the towels out on the railing (of the deck) to drip out the water they'd soaked up on the floor.

I've been having so much fun making my old phone directory card journal that I've gotten away from making other things (like Christmas cards. This will be a Happy New Year card year 😞). I thought since this upcoming weekend is the holiday, and also since today is the first official day of winter, I would share several pages  from this journal today. Hope you don't mind all my views.

I'll start with this guy who looks a bit creepy if you ask me. 😏



Since today is the winter solstice, here's old man winter decked out for the event.


And here's what some of us have to look forward to. (Or wishfully not.)


I did have fun decking the halls this season.




We won't be having a white Christmas after all of this past Monday's rain.




I bet there are kiddies counting the minutes until this guy arrives.


And this final page is for Wendy's Above Us Only Sky challenge over at Art Journal Journey.


Santa's reindeers are taking a steep bank upwards on this narrow page. I'm keeping my fingers crossed his bag of gifts doesn't fall out of the sleigh.
That's all for me today. 
I hope you're week is going well. Happy first day of winter (or summer) to you also.







18 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

All in all, given the damage that might have occurred in the basement, it didn’t turn out too badly. I am quite sure you own more towels that the average motel! All the best - David

Angie's Recipes said...

Some really beautiful and festive journals, Erika. Santa's little helper doesn't look too happy LOL..

Rostrose said...

WOW, Santa's sleigh really has an exciting mountain (mooontain?) ride! ;-DDD

Dear Erika, I am thrilled with your phone directory card journal and don't know which page I like better. They are all very stylish and Christmassy. Perhaps I prefer the reds... I don't really find Santa's little helper is creepy, I think he looks more shy ;-)
I wish you and everyone you love a wonderful Christmas ⛄πŸŽ„πŸ•―️ and a happy new year πŸ„πŸ€!
All the best from Austria, Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/12/winter-wunderland-und-frohe-weihnachten.html
πŸ€❣️🧸🎠❤️⛄πŸ„πŸŽ„

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards Erika! So sorry about your basement issue. -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

CJ Kennedy said...

Loved looking at your journal pages. They are awesome. So sorry about the water in the basement, but I loved the idea of the pool party with all those towels. Today, we are halfway through the dark and on the way to Summer! Stay warm today!

WendyK said...

Lots of lovely journal pages, thank you for yet another entry for my theme. Have a wonderful Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year. Hugs Wendy xx

Tom said...

...they say that it's winter, but it sure doesn't look like it! ☃️ πŸŽ„ ❄️ πŸŽ…πŸΌ

Jeanie said...

I'm either reading backwards or missed something -- but I DEFINITELY feel your pain. Hope all dries out soon!

peppylady (Dora) said...

I don't think there at all creepy.

Lowcarb team member said...

I enjoyed seeing your lovely journal pages.

Hope the basement is now nice and dry!

All the best Jan

hels said...

You probably have never created Christmas images in bathing suits, on the beach. But you would derive much pleasure from the experience.

kathyinozarks said...

we get water in our basement too-ugh that's what Larry was working on when he fell.
Loved seeing your art
Merry Christmas hugs Kathy

Iris Flavia said...

A ppol party! My cousin´s parents cellar was nearly always in 2-3 cm of water (don´t ask, I was maybe 5 years old) and we made boats from Camembert-cheese-boxes to float!
I remember that well. Itt did not smell bad, so it must´ve been clear water (and maybe it was but once, it is looooong ago!).

Loads of pretty towels, what a sight!

Whoa, this helper is for not so nice kids? (Kidding).
Very great journal, yep, here, too. Storm and rain.
Ohhh, a cousin of Peanut!
I can cheer (I state!).

YES to days getting longer!
Happy Holidays and hugs

Aimeslee Winans said...

Good Lord, you have more towels than we do and we have a pool! Glad you have them though, hope your basement dries out well and no more flooding. That washer gonna be busy now.

And another wow for all those pages you've done! You have been busy! They are all so pretty, but the Santa lift-off is very cool given your space restrictions, Elon Musk would be jealous, haha. XOX

Elkes LebensglΓΌck said...

Wonderful posting, i love this!
Merry Christmas hugs Elke

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm glad the water in the basem3ent was a "could've been worse" situation. We've never had a basement.

I like your Christmas/Winter images. I think the guy at the top has mischief on his mind lol

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Your pad still looks fabulous even with the towels laid out to drip dry, looks incredibly peaceful Erika. All your artwork on the telephone index cards looks amazing, so vintage. Popping in to wish you a Happy Christmas as I may not get another chance before the day arrives. I hope you have a magical day.
Take care Hugs Tracey xx

Neet said...

This journal will be such fun to look at in time to come wilth all its different pages. Well done you for coming up with so many different slants on it.
Your first little fellow, yu describe as creepy - I think it is because he has a bit of a smirk on his face. Now what has he been up to?
Hugs, Neet xx